Why should I print digital postage stamps?
What are the advantages?
-You always have the right shipping labels in-house
-You never have to order postage stamps ever again
-You will never have to put too many stamps on a package again
-Your shipments get a more professional look
What do I need?
-The right format of compatible labels
To print digital postage stamps you can use different Dymo labelwriters:
Dymo Labelwriter 450 Turbo
Dymo Labelwriter 450 Twin Turbo
Dymo Labelwriter 4XL
Compatible Dymo labels
You can choose one of these labels to print the digital postage stamps on:
• compatible Dymo label 99010, 89mm x 28mm, white (SKU: S0722370)
• compatible Dymo label 99012, 89mm x 36mm labels, white (SKU: S0722400)
These two compatible labels are the popular Dymo address labels. The labels are also known as postage labels. The compatible Dymo labels 99010 and 99012 are suitable as address labels and stamp labels.
To make it easier for beginners. we've created start-up packages!
1 printer + 3 rolls of compatible Dymo labels 99010 be able to effortlessly print digital postage stamps.
The characteristics of thermal labels
Thermal labels are becoming more and more popular in business organizations. The reason is that thermal labels are used in a direct thermal label printer that does not need ink or toner. The printer prints only with heat.
The biggest advantage of the thermal labels is that ink and toner are not needed because the printing is done by heat. The printers needed for this are called direct thermal printers. The product numbers of these printers often end with a D for direct. Some of the most popular printers are:
Dymo labelwriter 450
Zebra GK 420D
Brother P-touch QL-570
The thermal labels are constructed of four layers.
These layers are the following:
- top coating (incl. backcoating)
Thanks to the four layers it is possible to print the labels with heat instead of ink.
The thermal labels contain colours that can be activated by heat. The heat comes from the laser in the label printer that burns the thermal paper.
If you want more information about thermal labels and the characteristics of thermal labels or direct thermal printers, contact our customer service at +31(0)53800602.
- top coating (incl. backcoating)
Request free sample package
You can request a free sample package to get an overview of our printing quality and our range of substrates. Our sample package includes all our offered materials with the different adhesive types. This ensures that you will get an idea how the materials look and feel including full-colour print. Here you can order a sample package or simply contact our customer serives at +31(0)53-7370160,
Labels for a post mailing
A large-scale mailing or direct mail is often used to reach customers in a direct but still personal way. A direct mail can be done by e-mail, fax or as a postage mailing. All three possibilities are still used (fax the least).
What do you need for a postage mailing
Of course you will need a file with the customers data. Furthermore it is important that you have a unique idea. You should print the address details on address labels. The addresses can easily be printed with a labelwriter.
The ideal combination to send direct postal mailing is the Dymo labelwriter 450 with the Dymo address labels. The standard formats of Dymo address labels are:
- 89mm x 28mm (99010)
- 89mm x 36mm (99012)
- 101mm x 54mm (99014)
- 70mm x 54mm (99015)
- 54mm x 25mm (11352)
- 102mm x 59mm (S0947420)
The different adhesives
On our website you will find different types of adhesives available for some labels. These adhesives have different characteristics and possibilities.
Our assortment ‘labels on a roll unprinted’ includes two types of glue. The permanent glue and the removable glue. Beneath you will find a description of the different types of adhesives.
The permanent glue is based on acrylic or is waterbased. The biggest advantage of permanent adhesive is that you cannot remove the label entirely. When trying to remove the label it will rip.
The removable glue is made of a combination of acrylic and hotmelt. The advantage of removable adhesives is the ease of unsticking the labels from whatever surface. This is why removable glue is often used when the base is reused, for example bottles.
The cleaning process is much easier when using removable labels. Removable glue is also suited for book covers, CD’s/DVD’s and folders.
If the difference between permanent and removable glue is not clear yet or if you need more information about the possibilities, feel free to ask our customer service to help and advise you.
Different labels for shipment
Every year, millions of packages are shipped in the UK. All of these packages have to be stamped before they can be shipped. Of course there are different possibilities to do this, depending on the number of packages you ship.
The three most used printers used in the office enviorment are:
1. A laser printer or inkjet printer; these printers use A4 label sheets. For many companies that do not ship a big amount of packages this is the ideal solution. Most of these companies already have a laser printer or inkjet printer in the office.
2. A thermal printer without ribbon; these thermal printer only use rolls with labels. These labels are made of thermal paper and are printed with heat. The heat activates the ink in the thermal paper. These printers are indicated with a ‘D’ for direct thermal. One example of such a printer is the Zebra GK420D.
3. A thermal printer with ribbon; these thermal printers use ribbon in combination with label rolls. This ribbon or transfer ribbon is heated which makes the ink stay on the label after printing. The printers that use ribbon are indicated with a ‘T’ which stands for ‘thermal’. One of the printers that uses ribbon is the Zebra GK420T.
The most used shipping labels come from the brands Brother, Dymo and Zebra:
- compatible Brother labels DK-22243, 102mm x 30,48 meter
- compatible Brother labels DK-11241, 102mm x 152mm
- compatible Dymo labels 99014, 101mm x 54mm
- compatible Dymo labels S0904980, 104mm x 159mm
- compatible Zebra labels 102mm x 150mm, met een 25mm kern
- compatible Zebra labels 102mm x 150mm, met een 76mm kern
- compatible Zebra labels 100mm x 50mm, met een 25mm kern
Placing the Brother holder
Underneath you will find an instruction how to place the holder in your Brother printer.
1. You have received three separate parts. Lay them down in the following order.
2. Clasp part 2 into part 1
3. Slide the Brother roll with the black cubes onto the holder on the side of part 1.
4. Fasten the roll through clipping on part 3.
5. Remove the small transparent plate from the holder and place it into the foot of part 1 with the arrow up. Take a look at the picture for a better idea.
NOTE: press on firmly!
Per roll you’ll have to use another plate matching with your ordered Brother roll. The plates can be changed by putting a pen into the hole of the plate and sliding it out.
My Brother plate does not fit into my Brother printer, what now?
It is possible that our Brother plates do not fit into some older Brother printers. If these plates are cropped a little they will still fit. Beneath a description of how to crop the plates.